April

 

Emma Elementary School

School Improvement Team

Tuesday April 24, 2019

 

 

Members Present

Name

Role

Present

Absent

John Barbour

Principal

 

X

Carla Shipman

Assistant Principal

X

 

Janet Miller

Kindergarten Teacher

X

 

Shirley Young

First Grade Teacher

X

 

Kim Dotson

Second Grade Teacher

 

X

Cheyenne Emmett

Third Grade Teacher

X

 

Karen Whitten

Fourth Grade Teacher

X

 

Evelyn Cordell

Assistant

 

X

Anita Lovejoy

ESL Teacher

X

 

Jason Heilfurth

Parent

 

X

Tonya Deweese

Title I

X

 

Elizabeth Walton

Counselor

 

X

Jenny Johnson

Specialist

X

 

Virginia Edwards

Special Education

X

 

Cara Pollard

Lighthouse Coordinator

X

 

 

 

 

Agenda

  • Title I Priority Plan and Comprehensive Needs Assessment
  • Math Investigation Workbooks
  • Leader in Me Contract
  • Homework (school policy)
  • Committees Assessment/Merging and Eliminating

 

 

Meeting Commenced at_2:50_PM__

 

Minutes from last meeting approved:   __X____Yes ________No

 

Minutes

  1. Comprehensive Needs Assessment and Title I Priority Plan: Mr. Barbour, Mrs. Shipman, and Mrs. Deweese received the template for the CNA on Tuesday, April 23. Mr. Barbour will input the data on the template before our May 15th meeting. At our next meeting, SIT will discuss our needs and what strategies we can use to meet the needs of our students. This will help us determine how we will spend our Title I funds. The CNA is due to Ginny Barrett on June 1.
  2. Math Investigations Workbooks: We will use our instructional supply funds to purchase math investigations resources for each grade level. Kindergarten and first grade want to purchase the online workbook. Second, Third, and Fourth grade want to purchase the workbooks.
  3. Leader in Me: Mrs. Shipman shared TLIM contract with SIT members. SIT voted that we use Title I funds to pay for TLIM contract and not order Student Guides. Ms. Pollard motioned that we use Title I funds to purchase TLIM and not order TLIM Student Guides. Mrs. Whitten seconded the motion. SIT members approved the motion. After our PD on May 1st, Mrs. Emmett will send out a Leader in Me Google Survey to the entire staff. SIT will review the results at our May 15th meeting.
  4. Homework Policy: We will make a final decision about our homework policy at our May 15th meeting. We will decide if there will be a school wide homework policy or a homework policy per grade level.
  5. Committees Assessment/Merging and Eliminating: Each SIT member was given a list of current committees to share with grade level members. Each grade level will brainstorm ideas on how to merge or eliminate our current committees. SIT members will bring their lists to our May 15th meeting.
  6. Important Testing Dates:

May 29th- EOG Reading

May 30th- EOG Math

May 31st- Makeup Testing

June 5th- RTA

June 13th- Retest 4th Grade Reading Only

 

 

Next Meeting: May 15, 2019 at 2:45 PM

 

The meeting adjourned at 4:00 PM.

 

Respectfully submitted,

Tonya Deweese, Title I Lead Reading Specialist