School Mission Statement
We believe that a child's education is enhanced by a partnership between home, school, and community; by instruction focused on individual needs; and by a respect for personal strengths, talents, and cultural diversity. Through teamwork and high expectations, we provide an environment in which learning becomes a lifelong pursuit for students and staff.
School Belief Statement
* To ensure student success, education has to be a partnership between home, school, and community.
* When parents and the community are involved in student learning and model the importance of education, learning becomes a lifelong pursuit.
* Through the establishment of high expectations and the belief that all students can learn, teachers will enable students to become lifelong learners.
* When students hold high expectations for themselves, they are able to learn at a significant rate, which results in student success and achievement.
* Students need opportunities to learn that support diverse learning styles and that allow students to exercise personal strengths and talents.
* Strong, involved, and supportive leadership and staff are essential to a successful school.
* Instruction should focus on students' varied learning levels with all staff sharing responsibility in order to maximize student potential for learning.
* To support a cohesive, innovative learning environment, school staff need teamwork, communication between grade levels, and a strong, supportive leader.
* A positive, nurturing, respectful environment facilitates learning.
* In order to learn, students need a safe, supportive environment that is coupled with kindness and structure.
* To encourage an understanding of others, students need multi-cultural experiences that reflect the cultures represented by the student body.
* The curriculum should address the needs of the students by using varied learning styles and interconnecting content area to ensure learning.
* The curriculum should honor the past while embracing technology and other innovations of the future.
Buncombe County Schools Vision Statement
Preparing all students to realize their potential in a rapidly changing, diverse, global society.